Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Seven

A list of the
Sunday Seven Last Movies I Have Seen
1. Pulp Fiction- Nino and I watched this classic with the trivia track on last night. I love watching it like that. I wish a lot of movies had that feature. Instead of captions at the bottom of the screen, it is trivia about the scene or actor or music or whatever at the moment in the film.
2. Rebel Without A Cause- It had been ages since I had seen it, and Nessa is a big James Dean fan, so we rented it on a whim. So much teenage angst. Natalie Wood was not that pretty, if you ask me. And James Dean's laugh is hilarious- squeeky!
3. A Scanner Darkly- Whoa! This is a wierd one. It was shot on normal film, then animated over, so some backgrounds or objects are still "real", while all the characters are cartoonish. It was based on a novel by Philip K. Dick, which is Nino's current favorite author.
4. Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street- This movie was good. Tim Burton's movies have that same look and wierd humor. The songs were a lil hokey, but Helena Bonham Carter was GREAT!!! She stole every scene she was in, I think. Johnney Depp was ok, but he looked a lot like he did in Edward Scissorhands.
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- The last one out and my favorite!
6. Stardust- I watched this with Mom. I was unsure, because the previews looked aweful, but I thought it was really funny. Of course, I love Claire Danes and the lead actor is a cutie. Michelle Pfiffer as the evil witch was great. I laughed a lot during this movie.
7. Idiocracy- A hilarious movie that did not get talked about at all. Nessa, Nino, and I quote it constantly though. It stars Luke Wilson, who is not my favorite actor, but the movie has some great lines. Very Very Silly.

No comments: