Friday, April 4, 2008

Herbs and Grass


My new herb garden.
Rosemary, Marjoram, Lavander, Parsley, Basil, Purple Basil, and Thyme.
I am going to put a bird bath in the middle, and bordering around both edges of the dirt circle. Those were all the herbs they had at the garden place here
(which is the most massive plant place I have ever seen.
It is almost an amusement park for gardneners).
I wanted Catnip, Oregano, Sage, and maybe something I have never grown before. Hopefully, they will have more. I left some room for maybe 4 more plants- depending on how big they get.
The other night, John stood in the middle while I ran around and squished the plants a lil. The smell was so strong and yummy!! The basil is especially fragrant.


I do not know if you can tell, but our "lawn" is only crabgrass and weeds.
The housing office just called today (right now actually) to say there has been a work order to sod it with real grass for a year. So they want to start tomarrow.
I am a lil scared they may ruin my lilies and herbs. I would just cry!!! I have 9 lily plants coming up right now. The big ones are probably over 7 inches.

Lil lily plants on the right

No comments: