Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Catch Up

Whew- Sorry I have been away. It is nearing the end of my semester here, and I have a research paper due.
~
I had an all-day class on Saturday (our Anniversary), so all we could really do was go out to dinner. We went to an Italian place in Rota called Bambinos. The atmosphere is very Roman. I had an excellent steak and John has pasta. We have been so used to tapas, that it was funny getting so much food at one sitting. My steak came with those yummy, Spanish fries I love so much- The Best!
~
We have not been able to cook a lot of things since we got here, because we still do not have the gas tank we need to hook up to the grill. They are very hard to get. People on base usually just get them from people who are leaving. Refilling them is easy- any gas station will do it, but to get the tank is impossible for us. We have been checking the base newspaper since we got here. That is where people usually advertise, but nothing yet. Can you imagine??? No grilling all this time?? I am going a lil crazy. Especially since we have this perfect spring weather and long evenings - perfect for grilling.
~
Today is John's first day on day shift since he has been here. He now has to be up at 3:30 AM, so he said he has to try to go to bed at 9:oo PM. Yeah, right. It is still sunny at that time. He is not going to want to get home at 6, eat dinner, sit there for 2 hours, then go to bed, just so he can get up and do it all over again. This might be even harder for him than the night shift!
~
Our new grass is doing OK. Some corners are dead- I mean brown hay like stuff- dead! But most of it is green and growing pretty well. Our gardner has had to mow it twice since it has been put down. We have to water it ALL night EVERY night, which is a huge pain. The yard wraps around the house, so in order to get all of the yard, we would have to move the sprinkler 6 times. That means that only half of it gets done in one night.
~
John brought home flowers again (should I be worried?) and the movie Enchanted. I have been wanting to see that for ages. We have not seen any new movies lately. They have been pretty dull, but I think we will be seeing Iron Man on Friday. Anyone see that?
~
Well, that should catch you up.


No comments: