Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Seven

Feeling Green? Wanna chemically free clean? My crunchy friend, Jess, probably already knows all these, but I just found out some of them in our base newspaper.
~
The Sunday Seven Uses for Lemons
~
All Purpose Cleaner
Equal amounts lemon juice to water in a spray bottle is a disinfectant and removes scuff marks from walls.
~
Toilets
Pour some lemon juice in the bowl and sprinkle with baking soda. Then scrub with a brush to clean the bowl without chemicals.
~
Degreaser
Lemon juice is a natural degreaser. Use a few drops in a pan and you will not need as much soap to clean it. Also, add some to your dishwasher detergent.
~
Scrubber
Cut a lemon in half, dip the exposed side in salt. Rub it on stainless steal, pots, pans, and granite. It will be shiny and smell great!
~
Wood Polish
The newspaper says use 1 cup of olive oil (I prefer almond oil) to 1/2 cup lemon juice. Use sparingly and rub with a dry cloth. Works WAY better than pledge.
~
Hand Sanitizer
Add a few drops of lemon juice to Aloe Vera gel to disinfect and remove fish and garlic smells from hands (so it says, nothing ever removes garlic from my hands)
~
Clean Smelling Fridge and Microwave
Dampen a sponge in lemon juice and let sit in the fridge for a few hours to soak up yucky smells. Or add lemon juice to a bowl of water and microwave it for 30 seconds, then wipe out.
~
Makes me wish I had a tree. Have you tried any of these?
Lemon is also one of the BEST aromatherapy scents, because it cheers you up. (Unfortuantely for me, it also increases my appetite.)
~
Just another note on Green. This is a great blog for it:

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love it in iced tea!